Healthy Banana Bread
Banana Bread is a sure-fire family FAVE! And I’m sure you all have your family recipes.
But try this VEGAN/GLUTEN-FREE recipe for Banana Bread that is good for you! Tastes just the same (sometimes BETTER)!
**Items available in regular supermarkets and Healthy Options**
1) Preheat the oven to 163 C. Lightly grease your 7x4x3 inch bread pan with some of the coconut oil.
2) Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, and cinnamon together into a bowl and then whisk it all together.
3) Add ½ cup of the oil and the agave nectar, rice milk, and vanilla to the dry ingredients and stir until the batter is smooth in consistency.
4) Get a spatula and carefully fold the bananas into the batter until they are evenly distributed.
5) Fill the prepared pan halfway with your mixture. If you have leftover batter I usually put them into muffin cups and make banana muffins with them.
6) Bake bread for a total of 35 minutes (rotating the pan 180 degrees after 20 minutes) on the center rack of the oven.
7) Leave Banana Bread in the pan for 20 minutes then remove.
Banana Bread lasts for 3 days at room temperature (wrapped in plastic wrap). Or do what I do and freeze it, so you can use it whenever the family feels like a healthy snack!
October 28, 2011 by Amanda Griffin-Jacob